Alopecia - The Facts!
Book an appointment today
Book an appointment with one of our hair boss consultants and take control of your hair loss. Call 0330 229 0925, book online here or email email@example.com
- Regrowth chances: If less than half your scalp is affected and you do not undergo treatment, there is roughly an 80% chance of full hair regrowth within 12 months.
- Will I lose all my hair? Total loss of scalp hair also know Alopecia totalis is more rare. In some cases regrowth can occur within 3 to 4 months of losing your hair.
- When is Alopecia most likely to occur? "Alopecia tends to appear during childhood, but it could surface at any age."
Like we said before Alopecia affects people of all ages and genders, however, it is more common in people in early childhood or adolescence. There is little information as to why this is but that is the case with most forms of Alopecia.
- I have small patches of Alopecia: People who only have small patches of hair loss are more likely to experience a full recovery
Approximately half of all people with milder cases of Alopecia Areata recover within a year. Alopecia Areata is where the hair falls out in small, coin-sized patches. Despite this most people will go on to experience more than one episode of this hair loss during their lifetime.
- Alopecia is asymptomatic: "Apart from the loss of hair, Alopecia Areata doesn't cause headaches, irritation, or other symptoms."
As we touched on earlier, everyones Alopecia is slightly different and it's sometimes hard to find common trends. This really highlights the need for further research in Alopeica, it's causes and how it affects people on an individual basis.
One thing that is for sure though is we are in a far better place than we were a few years ago. The support for Alopecia is growing in the UK and we have fantastic support and services available here at the Wonderful Wig Company also.
Why not follow some super inspiring Alopecia ambassadors?!
As we see all those beauty influencers posting their perfect selfies, it’s easy to think that having beautiful hair is worth its weight in gold on Instagram. However, just by doing a bit of digging, we have found a treasure trove of bald beauties who are loud and proud about their hair loss. So, we thought we’d share a few positive vibes with you today!
Kellie takes a different approach by addressing common fears about love, romance and sex, as many women find themselves struggling after hair loss. Kellie has a strong voice online as she sets out to help ladies who feel like they’ve lost their mojo – and she’ll help you feel like yourself again! Follow her here
Jo is an Instagram influencer who shares insight into her hair-loss story. An open book, she lets you have a look into her life with alopecia. She even works as an Education Ambassador for Jon Renau! Follow her here
Michelle is a total boss! Five years ago, she lost her hair. Now, not only is she an entrepreneur but Michelle candidly shares her life online as an Instagrammer-turned-Youtuber – and yes, we totally recommend that you keep an eye on her channel too! Follow her here
She is super active on Instagram and she’s worked hard to build up her helpful online presence.